Kit includes: TSS-0311 Field Blanket, FPG SmartFrame®, Adjustable footprint with integral pouch and containment bungees.
Tactical to practical. With the FOR98 you get a thermal reflective shelter that can be a 2 person OP one minute and a garrison set up the next.
Field Craft Tool Roll. Maybe you only need the Field Blanket and the Ridgepole to protect you from the elements and mitigate your thermal signature. The choice is yours.
The FOR98 is not a tent. It is an adaptable shelter system that reflects heat and repels water. There are no tents on the market that can be a shelter one minute and a life saving piece of gear treating a victim for shock the next.
With zero modifications the FOR98 can be adjusted for different height profiles made possible by a set of simple drawstrings.
The FOR98 attachs to a standard military cot. Add the available mosquito netting or the included Field Blanket as needed.
The FOR98 is self contained. The shelter's footprint has a pocket built in to house the SmartFrame and Ridgepole. The footprint can also be stuffed anywhere that is practical.
Add in the available FOR94 TSS Cammo Netting Multi-Cam, and you have a bomber set-up.
Need to sleep in a hot environment? The thermal reflecting Field Blanket included in the FOR98 is hard to beat. Bungee the sides open for a nice better breeze.
"Sealing" up the ends is as easy as stacking the Gromolon® attachment points on the SmartFrame.
FPG® shelter systems can be closed up to reflect body heat back at you or opened up for a great breeze while enjoying 100% UV protection.
Medical applications are many.
Treating for shock, being an expedient litter, or giving the Medic a clean place to work are just a few.
The SmartFrame is interconnected for easy assembly and no loss of parts at night.
Add the available Mossy Netting as needed for a great night's sleep under the stars.
The set up options are only limited by your imagination.
Got rain? The Field Blankets in FPG® shelter systems utilize Reflectec® technology. It's zero porosity repels water like a duck's back.
The body heat reflecting feature is welcome in harsh winter climates.
In a tactical situation and can't use the poles? Try snapping two together like a taco. It takes keeping warm in an OP to a whole new level.
Shelter differences? The FOR98 comes with a Cordura footprint that can be stuffed anywhere and provides height adjustments. The Survivor System® comes with a closed cell ground pad instead. The blanket sizes are identical.
What do you mean the Helo is not coming till the morning? The 0311 field blanket included in this kit has you covered.
The 0311 Field Blanket used in this kit is small enough so it can be pulled from a soldiers load or the Medic's pack.
- ThermaShields are robust enough to be used as an expedient litter that treats for shock during the "Golden Hour".
FOR98 SOF Survivor System
Adjustable height and length according to mission needs.
TSS-0311 Field Blanket, FPG SmartFrame®, Adjustable footprint with integral pouch and containment bungees.
- The most versatile heat reflective shelter system in FPG’s lineup
- Designed to be attached to a cot when needed.
- Uses the same SmartFrame® as the Survivor System® but with an adustable footprint.
- Add the optional Cammo Net or Mosi Net (sold separately) for an all environment shelter that helps mitigate thermal signatures.
- Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty
Some general uses and applications are:
- Sun shade. ThermaShield blocks 100% UV as well as radiant heat transfer normally found in ponchos, field blankets etc
- Reduces Heat casualties
- Reduces Cold injuries
- Wind proof
- Highly water resistant
- Modular shelter; multiple blankets can be snapped together making the size shelter needed.
- Thermal signature mitigation
- Expedient litter
- Effective treatment for shock
- Vehicle based shelter/shade
- Stand-alone shelter/shade
- Golden Hour transport
- Two layer ThermaShield asymmetrically shaped Field Blanket.
- Outer layer is FPG DesertCloth® which is lightweight/high tensile strength rip stop Nylon cloth, fire resistant to CPAI-84.
- Inner layer of FPG Reflectec® laminated to rip stop Nylon cloth forming the weather layer.
- 35oz Hypalon Gromolon® attachment points.
- Double sided MILSPEC snaps.
- 4x patented FPG SmartClips® knotless attachment points